Monday, January 19, 2009

Tokyo Tower


I wanted to go to the top of this thing during Christmas vacation. Monday Dec. 29 seemed like the perfect day. Terry had to go to work, the sky was blue, the boys and I had no prior engagements...Alas, when we arrived, the mile looked to be about a mile long. Needless to say we didn't get on it. We went grocery shopping instead. What fun! Like bulls in a china shop...Anyway...Later that day Terry told me that the tower was celebrating its 50th anniversary. And that all the Japanese schools were off that week too, for New Year's (the most important holiday of the year in Japan). Ah, yes, of course! And next year I will attempt to go to the top of the Empire State Building on Valentine's Day! (what a dummy)

I did get a few nice photos from the ground though.

No comments: